There is no certain set of player's skills or step-by-step recommendations telling you how to win at slots. In fact, winning at slot machines depends primarily on luck. Of course, it is not impossible to win at slots, and it is important that the player gets acquainted with slot machine technology prior to pulling the handle of the "one-armed bandit".
Here is the list of the basic tips and recommendations following which the player may find out how to win at slots.
- First of all, the player should master the rules defining how to play slots. Otherwise it will be impossible to choose the best type of slot machine with the best payout percentages or to make use of efficient basic slots strategies.
- It is crucial to use effective slots money management system:
- Always set your bankroll beforehand and play within its limits. Never play with more money than you can possibly lose. For this set the limit for losses you can afford.
- Don't use money you have managed to win to make further bets. It is best to stick to your initial bankroll, and you will be able to quit the casino with some money. It is also good to divide your bankroll into even parts for different playing sessions.
- Don't trust the advertised eBook systems giving "tips" on how to win at slots. Slots are basically a negative expectation game based primarily on luck and cannot be turned into a winning game by means of any strategy of such sort.
- Choose slot machines with the highest possible payouts for lower winning combinations of symbols. One is able to figure it out by means of special slot payouts tables represented on the machine's face or on the different screen in newer video slots. It is also recommended to choose machines with higher possible payout percentages. These vary for different games and in different casinos, that's why to find out how to win at slots the player should get acquainted with basic features of different slots types.
- One should rather make maximum bets on maximum paylines and with maximum coins while playing slots (of course, if the bankroll affords it). This may provide higher payouts and even winning jackpot.
- It is best to start playing slots with 3 or 4 reel slot machines with a single payline and low jackpots if your bankroll is not high. Such slots usually offer more frequent payouts, even if they are smaller. Besides, the more reels a machine has, the lower are your winning odds.
- Most slots guides recommend joining the special free slots club. Staying with the club ensures that you get free comps and bonuses even if you don't win at slots. Thus some of your losses can be refunded.
- One should not be afraid to play modern slots as they offer wide range of special bonuses together with the most advanced graphic and sound effects. Besides, no matter how advanced the technology is, all slot machines still work according to the same principle - the player inserts coins, spins the reels (either actual or simulated) and gets high payout or no payout at all.
- One of the most important tips on how to win at slots is to know when to quit playing. In case you get a big payout at slots, it is always best to leave. In fact, your odds of winning again are too small to risk your bankroll. Every spin of reels in slots is random, which makes it a game of mere chance.